I can't believe the school year is almost over! But I am so ready for Summer :) Summer to me means baseball (or t-ball), soccer, parades, swimming, Popsicles, BBQ's, garden tomatoes, watermelon, hikes, Strawberry days, freshly mowed lawns, and running through the sprinklers. I LOVE summer, and can't wait for the craziness to start!
Our garden is almost finished, we just need to get some more flowers. And the fruits and veggies have already doubled in size, I can't wait til they're ready to eat!
I've also started running with a friend of mine, and we signed up for a 5-k coming up next month. I'm so nervous for it! I've always been a sprinter, never a distance runner. Dinstance is HARD for me! We've been running 3-5 times a week for 3-4 months and I can sadly say that it hasn't gotten a whole lot easier. But I haven't given up, and am determined to give it a decent shot!
Ella had her last preschool class today and has a program next week, then she's done! Kayson still has a couple of weeks left in Kindergarten. I have been asked to help at Field Day, which is the funnest day of school all year. I still remember how much I loved it, so I'm excited to be able to help out.
Chad is working hard in the truancy court and is working to change the way the whole program works. So far, it has gone really well, and he has had a lot of support from his supervisors and even the judge. I'm really proud of him for his hard work and not being afraid to try out his ideas.
We're still doing the paper route. With no end in sight. *sigh* Which means we won't be going anywhere any time soon. But it is really nice to have that little bit of extra income.
Hm, I feel like this has turned into a Christmas news letter... oops, that's not quite what I had in mind! Oh well. Next post will hopefully be a bit more interesting with pics and everything :)
Thursday, May 17, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
didn't sound like a Christmas card to me---it reminded me of summer days past! I always looked forward to having the kids home and hated when it started back up! Summer is ment for children! young and old! I'm envious of your garden. mines coming but not planted yet! bought by tomatoes and planted our wildflowers and a little grass! they're coming slowly but surely. Can't wait to see it
and all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
October to May--- Seems like it was time for a Christmas letter!
Welcome back to the blog world.
Hope you don't mind kicking off your summer with us! See you in a week!
hahah christmas card, not at all! I'm so glad to see an update, it's about time!
Post a Comment