Friday, October 30, 2009

Surprise! Again!

We just had our ultrasound and everything looks good. We even got to count 5 fingers. We had been trying to decide whether to find out the sex or not. And we were brave and didn't look! We decided that this can be our surprise baby all around! Guess everyone will just have to wait another 19 weeks or so to find out!

6 comments:

Larsen said...

THIS IS AWESOME GUYS! I AM INCREDIBLY PROUD AND ECSTATIC ABOUT YOUR CHOICE! YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A LOVE/HATE RELATIONSHIP WITH THIS DECISION.

IT'S THE NEATEST EXPERIENCE TO DELIEVER A BABY AND HAVE YOUR DOCTOR HAND YOU THAT BABY AND SAY "HERE IS YOUR SON" OR "CONGRATULATION, YOU HAVE A DAUGHTER", VERSES A TECH SAYING, "I AM 90% SURE IT'S A GIRL" OR "IT'S A BOY, SEE THAT THIRD LEG".

YOU WILL FIND YOURSELF PREPARING FOR WHAT SEEMS LIKE TWO BABIES. A BOY NAME, A GIRL NAME. WASH SOME BOY CLOTHES, WASH SOME GIRLS CLOTHES.

THEN COME DELIEVERY DAY, YOU WILL BE SAD THAT YOU DIDN'T GET THE OPPOSITE OF THE SEX YOU GOT, BUT FEEL ELATION THAT YOU DID GET WHAT YOU GOT. IT'S A REALLY ODD FEELING. BUT IT'S COOL.

YOU WILL GET LOTS OF PEOPLE MORE WILLING TO TALK ABOUT YOUR PREGNANCY DUE TO BEING IN THE MINORITY OF NOT KNOWING. PEOPLE WILL FREEK OUT THAT YOU DIDN'T FIND OUT, AND THINK "THAT IS SOOOOO HARD'.

YOU ARE GOING TO FEEL A LITTLE BOND WITH PIONEER WOMEN AROUND THE WORLD WHO NEVER KNEW.

YOU WILL FEEL PRIDE THAT YOU WERE STRONG ENOUGH TO TAKE A CHANCE AND EXPERIENCE ONE OF GOD'S GREATEST SURPIRSES, WHICH IS FUNNY, CAUSE HOW SHOCKED ARE YOU REALLY WHEN YOU FLIP A COIN AND YOU GET HEADS?


WELL DONE MY SISTER. WELL DONE.

AND CHAD, I HAVE NEVER BEEN PROUDER.

THIS IS A FUN SURPRISE.

Larsen said...

OH, I WASN'T YELLING BY THEY WAY. I WAS JUST REALLY EXCITED. HENCE THE CAPS!

Chels said...

haha, ginas comment is funny cause its so long. anyways, congrats again! I'm so excited for you, and i think it adds to the fun when you dont find out the sex, but i dont know as well as gina, cause ive obviously never had a baby, haha.

Cindy said...

Fun Halloween Treat!! and for your favorite holiday too. Cool guys-I'm in the minority that thinks the surprise is a great way to go....I did it all 5 times!!hahaha not that we had too many choices WAY back then..

RonJohn said...

we would like to do that with our next pregnancy, but i don't know if i will have the will power. way too go!

Ryan and Janelle said...

haha it's not a treat, it's a TRICK! :) jk. i think it's cool you're not finding out. having one of each, i'm sure, makes it easier not to know...I dont know if I could do it. So well done! I didn't realize Gina was such an advacate...