They have been working on laying water pipes (I think for the secondary water, yeah!) since last week. Monday, at about noon, I went to leave for the store and this is what I saw in front of my house. They had obviously breaked for lunch. The cat was on the right of my driveway, and the track hoe and dump truck were on the left. And if you can see, there is a hole right down the middle of the street. At least 3 ft. deep, so no, I couldn't drive across it. To sum it up, I was stuck.
Also during the morning, we had a knock at the door, when I opened it, there was a fireman in full gear standing on my doorstep. He told me that they had hit a gas line and there was a leak. They had evacuated the houses down the street, but said I just needed to close my windows and turn off the heat or AC and stay inside. Ya, that's comforting. Anyway a little while later, I had another knock. It was 2 firemen this time telling me that the leak had been fixed. But they came in to test the air for gas anyway. Kayson thought it was really cool that the firemen came to his house. Especially because one let him wear his helmet. (I really wanted a picture, but would have felt like a dork for asking, so I didn't) I never got to the store yesterday though...
Gotta love construction!
Also during the morning, we had a knock at the door, when I opened it, there was a fireman in full gear standing on my doorstep. He told me that they had hit a gas line and there was a leak. They had evacuated the houses down the street, but said I just needed to close my windows and turn off the heat or AC and stay inside. Ya, that's comforting. Anyway a little while later, I had another knock. It was 2 firemen this time telling me that the leak had been fixed. But they came in to test the air for gas anyway. Kayson thought it was really cool that the firemen came to his house. Especially because one let him wear his helmet. (I really wanted a picture, but would have felt like a dork for asking, so I didn't) I never got to the store yesterday though...
Gotta love construction!
I'm not sure how this picture got on this post, but I'll leave it for your viewing pleasure!




4 comments:
Playing in a box and having firemen come over. Man your kids' life is awesome!
heee. What a crazy thought with the gas leaks though. Scary.
I HATE when they dig for those stupid pipes. Agh! So inconvenient.
so tell us have you been able to get to the grocery store yet?! or are you starving and need the police to bring some food since you can't leave your house?
Oh I know, the construction was lovely huh? Hey now I know where you live! I am going to stalk you now. Just thought I would give you a heads up. LOL
Post a Comment