Monday, May 18, 2009

I want a dog

Kayson has been asking for a dog for a while now. But Chad and I are just not ready for a dog. We were in Idaho for Mother's Day last week and I was interested to see how Kayson would feel about Cindy's dog. Ziva is a Great Piranese, a large dog. At less than a year old, she is almost as tall as Kayson when she is sitting and he is standing. But was he intimidated? Not at all! He wanted to play with that dog the whole time we were at my in-laws'. At one point, he wanted to take Ziva for a walk, so Cindy got the leash and let Kayson give it a go. It was tough, because half the time Ziva was the one walking Kayson, but he kept coaxing and finally got her to follow him where he wanted to go. It was so fun to watch them together, Kayson was so sweet and patient, and not at all afraid of this huge dog. It was almost enough to make me want to give in and get him one! And yes, I know he has a goofy look on his face in every picture.






5 comments:

Ryan and Janelle said...

puppies are the best...but if I were you, I'd wait a year or two more, so that Kayson can actually take CARE of the dog...otherwise, you're just adding another child to your clan. Trust me...I know..haha..and as great as it is...it's extremely stressful...and I can't imagine having 2 kids on top of having Lucky...but...it's worth it :)

Larsen said...

You got the photos I sent? I am guessing soo...they were a large file, so it took a while to send.

I wen tto bed before it went through.

Cute kid with that dog.

My kids are to chicken to do that.

RonJohn said...

his hair it so cute. i love it. My kids arent going to get a pet until im done have babies, and then i get baby hungry again. Then and only then will we be pet owner. that is unless they give me the their "Please mom" face, cuz i always melt with that one.

BreAnn said...

Cute kid + cute dog = cute pics! Love them!

lvs2dance said...

oh what sweet pictures! Just get him a dog already, shesh!! LOL